View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

The Night before Bid Day

We would get a phone call by 9pm if we didn't receive a bid, so all of us hung around together with our phones watching TV and avoiding the guys in our building who thought it was silly how nervous we were. As the time ticked by we got more excited... it looked like we 'd all have letters tomorrow! But then N's phone rang. She had SIP'd Monica, sure that they loved her as much as she loved them. I remember begin amazed and a little shocked at her confidence going into Pref; maybe because of my big cuts or maybe because I had missed two days I wasn't taking anything for granted. But N had a full card the whole time, and felt certain about this.

Her Rho Chi called to let her know that she had not received a bid from Monica, but that Chandler and Rachel were offering her snap bids if she would like one. She turned both down, and we didn't see her for the rest of the night.

The remaining 4 of us had listed both chapters, and none of us got a call, so we all had a bid to pick up tomorrow! We were all nervous wrecks who had to function through a day of classes though. Strict Silence began the moment we left our last pref party, so our RA was staying at a sister's suite and our RD was on our floor for the night. To make sure that none of the sisters talked to the PNMs every woman wears letters around campus that night and the whole next day, and it’s amazing to see just how many greek women were around. It gets you really excited to be a part of a chapter, and it was one of my favorite parts of recruitment as a member.

Last edited by Storytime!; 08-06-2018 at 04:41 PM.