Thread: Who Pays?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2000, 08:00 PM
Artimis

I guess I can take a hint.

For rush events and keeping costs reasonable, I do have a few sugguestions.

With our informal rush events within reason, we do pick up most rushee's expensises. Depending on the event and buget depends on what is picked up by the chapter for the actives. (Most alumnae are on thier own) I think an example of when the chapter didn't pick up the tab for actives was when they went to sonic/braums for ice cream. I think as long as sisters know ahead of time what to expect, they shouldn't have to many problems. And if they complain that there food/game shoudl be covered, raising dues is always such a nice quieter.

* Know before hand how much your buget will allow. And plan accordingly. Rush is one thing that can drain funds.

* For events such as dinners out and events like bowling, ask for group rates and schedule them during rush so that the women attending the events as rushees are there for the sorority not the activity.

* Make sure actives know rushee's come first. If an event is bugeted for 10 guests and 20 show, that the actives understand to take a backseat as far as cost goes.

* Control the numbers you can. If the chapter desides to cover the cost of an active during an event, make them RSVP. If they didn't rsvp, they're responsible for the cost, if they rsvp and don't show they're responsible for the cost as well.

* Activities like bowling, mini-golf create an active-guest team. Alternating balls for bowling, holes/strokes for the golf. Not only does it make for building teamwork, and a great get to know you. It does help to reduce costs.

* Look into alternative sporting events. Events like volleyball, women's basketball, soccer, wrestling, men's gymnatics (a great one ) have low ticket prices and in some cases can be free with student id.

Best of luck..

Jenn

btw: feel free to email me if you want.