View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Banned

UP TO THE FROZEN WASTELAND

I knew absolutely nobody at my new school but that was the case of most of the freshman as the university attracts students from all over the country. During freshman orientation I started to hang out with two girls in my dorm, Jen and Heather. Jen is super cute while Heather is wild and crazy and a total guy magnet. The college was Jen’s first choice while Heather is a fellow Ivy reject. When classes started it was obvious this wasn’t HS. They just piled on the work. Jen, Heather and I would go to the library in the evenings to pound the books but we did have time to have fun. We went to football games and cheered on our team, our student athletes against their future NFL draft picks. Heather got us into fraternity parties and found me a date to a fraternity semiformal. What a blast. I met a lot of sorority girls at the parties and they all seemed so cool that when Jen and Heather said they were going to rush, I decided I would give it a shot because the word was if you didn’t go greek you would have no social life but I decided that if things didn’t work out that would be it. No second rush and no attempts at COB. I knew I could only put myself through that once. Being from the South I thought I knew all the rules, keep an open mind, maximize your options and all the other good stuff you should do plus being on your best behavior that fall. No bad reputations. I tried to talk to Heather about this but she said if they didn’t like it they could stick it.