View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizababe1 View Post
At the risk of sounding dense, what are good clubs to make friends? I've tried various organizations already but I don't really know how to get involved. I'm not at all popular and already an upperclassman so I worry I come across as the weird person when I show up somewhere new. Am I just panicking?
I agree with the poster who suggested seeking student counseling because if you're struggling this much to make friends, you could use help. You will struggle mightily with a job search post-college if you're having this much trouble trying to join a campus organization.

Joining a campus group is similar to a job search - what do you like and what are you good at? Pursue your interests, whether it's arts, volunteering with specific populations, religious or political groups, student gov't, etc. College is chock full of groups, go look on your college website.

The question I quoted is why posters are becoming frustrated with you, you're asking things that only you know and things that should be apparent such as your question about how to get involved in a org. How? Show up to meetings, do whatever activities that org does, etc. I sincerely suggest you get help so you can enjoy your last year of college and, more importantly, be able to secure and hold a job.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-23-2018 at 11:25 AM.