View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Quote:
Originally Posted by stufield View Post
I don't even pretend to understand many of the characteristics/aspects of sorority life in the USA. But I simply can't comprehend one of the statements in your post: a member of your chapter has to have a certain number of "points" before being eligible to attend the chapter's formal??? Is this for real?rude If one is an active member of a chapter, how can she (or he, if it were a fraternity) be precluded from attending the chapter's formal, or any other chapter event?

Is this "points" requirement unique to this particular chapter or sorority, or is it actually commonplace or at least not unheard of at other chapters/schools? It seems like sheer nonsense to me.-rude

I would think that if a chapter did have a "point" system, which strikes me as totally ridiculous-rude, attending formal would be one way to accumulate those points. Why, then, would the chapter tell a member that she could not attend because she was deficient in points? It seems contradictory and self-defeating.

Why anyone would even want to attend her chapter's formal if she were being told she did not have enough "points" to attend is an entirely different question, and equally perplexing to me.
"You......have chosen to act as a snarky asshat."