Thread: Ghetto Funerals
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
...one of my great aunts said she was a professional funeral go-er and would always try to say something, even if she did not know the person!
Someone needs a hobby. What is someone gonna say about herI at her own funeral? Bless her. Her comments remind me of my great-aunt's funeral last year where someone said she minded her own business and never had a mean word to say. My mom was sniggling next to me because errybody knew that Aunt Lou will let you know how she felt about everything, even if it's not her business. She might have originated the phrase, "Keepin' it real." LOL

I agree about the t-shirts with the deceased's picture. I attended my cousin's funeral about two weeks ago. He died of natural causes at 33, but it was a complete shock to everyone because he was so healthy. So, plenty of people (including myself) were still in shock. Somebody wasn't too in shock to pull out shirts which were on sale for $10 at the funeral. I hope it wasn't a real moneymaking effort, but I had never heard of such a thing. I had never even been to a funeral where those shirts were worn during the service.

The interesting part is that the t-shirt wearing folks were his mother's country relatives that I never need to see again. One chick was dressed like she wanted to get one more wear out of her black and too much silver club gear from Saturday night (the funeral was Sunday afternoon) before returning it to the store. My cousin was conservative and more bourgeios (sp?) than I was. He had an MBA and was president of his condo association. Nothing ghetto about him. His father's side of the family was also more conservative so it was a trip to see the ghetto antics. It was still a lovely service

ETA: Both sides of my family came from the country, so I'm not discriminating against the country...completely. I have a country side, but not at weddings or funerals. Come on.

Last edited by jojapeach; 06-14-2006 at 01:59 PM.