Thread: Ghetto Funerals
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Now the wifey/girlfriend drama. It's not as good as PVs, because there was no crack choir or threats.

Wifey sits in the front pew in an ill-fitting Goodwill outfit along with my cousin's brother and his wife. She also has her four children including the second oldest who she claims is my cousin's (girlfriend obviously didn't know that cuz's diabetes has rendered him sterile in his teens.) She makes a show of having this teenage girl say good bye to her "Dad." The child is crying as if she really knew my cousin. And of course the family is meeting her for the first time.

I am in the second row with my cuz's nephews and the girlfriend is behind me. All I hear is this whispering and I tell GF just to be cool--the family knows who took care of him in his last years. So she chills out and after viewing the body goes over and offers condolences to wifey. Then during the funeral wifey has her children constantly turning around to see what GF is doing and report back to her. I don't think any of them heard the eulogy.

At the end of the ceremony, there is one limo (now remember I paid for this funeral.) Wifey gets in with her 4 kids and takes off to the cemetery, not inviting any family members to ride with her. Then at the end of the burial, she tries to grab all of the flowers, even the ones the GF and family members purchased. We all stayed cool.

There is no repast scheduled so wifey invites us all over to her house. GF says she wants us to come to her house. Half the family went to GF's house, the other half just went home. We haven't heard from wifey or "daughter" since.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!