Thread: My AI adventure
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Then the national headquarters has to think about that before chartering a chapter there. Yes, I know this can be a chicken/egg scenario but that's life. If the chapter is so remote that no alumnae are there and they need to come about through AI, what happens when the (newly initiated) alumnae have questions? Bank statements are one thing, rush is another.

Our chapter in Alaska got started when one of our recent traveling consultants was living up there. I don't think we would have bitten on it had she not been part of the mix.
I completely agree, but like you said, many times it is the chicken/egg. For NAU, there are 9 NPC groups and FWIW, each group has one alum in town if they are lucky. These groups have been chartered 50+ years. The problem is there are no jobs to be had and everyone moves to Phoenix and many of the college students are from California in the first place. I'm 2 hours from them which is a pretty good distance. The one alum in town does all of the necessary things in person, but she gets run ragged. You can't exactly shut down a 50 year old chapter after the fact.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!