Thread: My AI adventure
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRose1912 View Post
I seriously don't get how we can go on and on about how sorority membership is not just a four year commitment, and how the most rewarding years are the alumnae years, and then scoff at women who want to join as alumnae.
This is like saying why is an apple not a potato.

We are talking out our butts if we say it's a 4 year commitment and then instead of impressing on our large alumnae bases that they need to fill that commitment, we initiate new women because we can't engage the ones we initiated to begin with. If women don't pay alum dues, don't volunteer, etc etc....let them know their membership is revoked and they're not an alumna any more. NPHC members value their membership more as adults because more is expected of them. Simple as that.

Also, regarding the NPHC (and please, any NPHC member rap my knuckles if I'm wrong about any of this), ALL 9 ORGS - the fraternities and the sororities - admit members at a graduate level. The AI policies of the 26 NPC groups are all over the board. If the NPC really wants to promote AI as an alternate form of joining its member groups, they need to get together and make some rules on it - the same as with sorority rush for collegians.