View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to a school with a small Greek system and we easily did 10-12 shirts per year. Had to have one for homecoming, family weekend, philanthropy events, fall and spring formals, crush parties, greek week, fundraisers, founders day etc. They were between 15-20 dollars each. Stitch shirts are better bought in bulk, but you may want to get specific print for your family line (big, little, etc). Expect to spend between $100-200 on a little. Badge information is usually provided by the chapter but I've seen between $50 and $150 on my campus (we only had 3 sororities however).

Formals and semi-formals range depending on how big the chapter is willing to go. If it's a milestone for the chapter, they may want to do a huge event at a country club or hotel. Our formal events were around $30 but we didn't get hotel rooms or anything like that.

Also remember that there will be opportunities to buy composite pictures and the individual photos you take in those sessions. You only do those once a year though and that's between $20-30.

It varies per campus. I'd expect to spend $500 at least per semester on incidentals, with fewer as you age. You are definitely going to pay more your first semester. I'd pick and choose between shirts however because they add up fast and you can figure you'd have at least 50 sorority shirts by the time you graduate. (on the low end, that means you have spent $750 on shirts alone!)