Thread: House Chores
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

First, I wish you luck! Getting any number of people to pitch in can be a challenge! I love everyone's ideas.

Depending on how many girls there are, it might be difficult to make individual chore lists. I don't know how many girls live in/out but what about splitting up each ares by pledge classes or academic years and rotate them?

Week 1:
freshmen - kitchen
sophomores - dining room
juniors - living room
seniors - basement

Week 2:
freshmen -basement
sophomores - kitchen
juniors - dining room
seniors - living room...and so on.

If there are more of a particular class or two living in, say sophomores and juniors, can you set up four groups by assigning several rooms to a group and doing it that way? It sounds like the most egalitarian way. Each "class" can have one or two people who schedule and keep the girls accountable. If you have the power to assert sanctions in the case of not getting the job done, then more power to you.

During mid terms and finals, you'd have to be more flexible, but really, keeping the place clean shouldn't take up THAT much time, especially if they pick up after themselves.

It might sound mean, but call out particular messes (as in, the girls who made spaghetti sauce on Tuesday left dried tomato bits all over the sink, or, whoever always leaves banana peels on the counter has attracted fruit flies) and girls might feel a little shame in their habits.

I'm not a neat freak but I can't stand dirt or food messes. >gag<

Good luck!!