Thread: NPC vs NPHC
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2000, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I believe that the NPHC regulations do not allow you to be an initiated member of any other sorority, NPC or otherwise. In addition, most NPHC members I have known would look negatively on your leaving one affiliation for another. They definitely believe that your pledge is for life and would look down on you for leaving one group for another.

I assume that you have already initiated into your chapter and therefore would not be eligible to join another NPC fraternity either. Instead of leaving the group, why not talk over your misgivings with a trusted advisor or senior member who shares your feelings. Work with them to change things, starting small and reaching out to the rest of the chapter.

My advice to you would be to be a leader and help your chapter become the respected organization on campus that you want it to be. The bigger challenge, and in my opinion the most rewarding, would be staying put and working from within your chapter to turn it around.

I would have to know more details of how you feel the groups "true colors" have come out. Periods of low sisterhood are common, but those that ride out the storm find it worthwhile down the road. Email me if you would like to discuss it more...although it may take a couple of days to get back to you.

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.