View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Tri Delta interest form

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
There are only, to my knowledge, one sorority, Phi Mu, that has done away with recs entirely. Four more (that I'm aware of) have opened recs to non-members - Alpha Gamma Delta, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Sigma Sigma Sigma.
The rest still want member-signed recs.
Tri Delta now has an interest form. It's something a PNM fills out. It is something they introduced around the same time they eliminated legacy preference in recruitment. I believe it is to give PNMs that are unable to get a reference from an alumnae member the ability to introduce themselves to the chapter. (Technically - there is no such thing as a "recommendation" in Tri Delta. They are "references." I believe the distinction is, or at least was, important to the founders. They were intended to be an introduction to the chapter. The distinction has always been stressed)

From the national website:
"Joining Tri Delta – Bring You!
Women are encouraged to participate in the recruitment processes as determined by our host institutions.

Tell us about you – What are you passionate about? What makes you, you? We invite you to complete this form so we can learn a little more about you!"