View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

The worst one I know about, I didn't attend. Long dramatic story, but a girl who had been one of my bffs all through junior and high school decided to get married. I was living thousands of miles away in another state going to college, and never met the guy. I remember she sent me a letter all excited about the wedding, but then put conditions on me to give me an invite. She accused me of not accepting the guy, blah blah blah, and to be honest I never met him because when I was home visiting she blew me off to spend time with him, to the point I was home for winter break three weeks, and never saw her or met the dude. However she invited my family, who didn't go because she was just being a freako.

For all the conditions she put on me, and her other general ridiculousness, she got divorced, HA HA HA!

So on to the wedding. She wore a lingerie nightgown ensemble from Frederick's of Hollywood as a dress. Her flowers weren't fresh, they weren't silk, oh no, they were plastic and designed by a very tragic drag queen. The bridesmaids wore black, some lace, others leather. She gave the guests bad directions and they got lost (it was outdoors in a park), and neglected to mention the fee to get into the park. The food was a BBQ (nothing wrong with that), but she also made it a potluck, but people weren't aware of it so they didn't bring anything. And last, but not least, a skunk sprayed not once, but twice. Her reception then matched her attitude and behavior, it stank!

I recently attended a sister's wedding at a very classy resort at Lake Coeur d'Alene. The invitation said semi-formal/cocktail and it was on a golf course (which has a dresscode anyway). Most of the guys were there with a lady, and and least in my case, he was a real trooper and went with me to buy a tie and shirt to coordinate with my dress. The other husbands and boyfriends were in similar outfits, and we all looked lovely. However two guys showed up, one in CARGO SHORTS and the other in JEANS, sporting a University hooded sweatshirt, wtf? I knew it was bad when our dates said "I managed to put on a collared shirt and a tie, that's just tacky" and keep in mind, these are Idaho boys who drive trucks, kill their own food, and many have wardrobes straight out of Cabela's, so to hear them crack on any guy was just hysterical. The wedding was awesome and classy, but those two guys cracked us up, and hearing Idaho guys discuss it made it funnier. Oh and at the end of the night a storm came up and blew the tent away, but we were drunk and didn't care. I think the worst thing that weekend was running into not one, not two, not three, but FOUR guys I have dated, and I've only dated five while living here. The fifth one I had seen the week before.