Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearttrisigma View Post
Ohh, I didn't know they offered silver now! We only had gold back when I joined and the options were 3 pearls at the points, crown pearls all around or closed pearls all around.
It's funny, when I joined I was disappointed there wasn't a white gold option. But now I can't imagine anything but a golden key! Even if I have no jewelry to match I think it's really cool though that some orgs have the option of white or yellow gold.

I'm curious... what is the difference between crown pearls and closed pearls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
We actually get ours as part of the standard initiation fee. We can buy others but the only options national offers is different levels of gold. Though I did see a beautiful one on ebay with garnets set along the sides of the badge.
Hmm, now that you mention that I think my husband (Phi Delt) got his through the initiation fee too. There's no way he would've bought it separately Is this a typical men's-fraternity practice?

Oh interesting- I just looked on Phi Delt's website and at first thought I read it wrong... but apparently many people related to Phi Delts can wear their badges: "The Code provides that only initiated members of the Fraternity, their mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, or fiancées should wear the badge."

Last edited by thetygerlily; 10-29-2009 at 06:21 PM.