View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Because Greek life is a Greek SYSTEM. I hate the whole "bad boys/good girls" fiction. I'm sure some of those girls have no problem drinking and attending parties at fraternity houses. If they don't interact at all, then why are they in social sororities to begin with? Why don't they just call it a women's support club? It would be a lot cheaper.

No, the one and only purpose of our groups is not to interact with fraternities. But using my own GLO as an example, we have four aims: to develop intellectually, spiritually, physically AND socially. I'm guessing most groups are similar.
I agree that it's not fair that fraternities take on so much more liability for social events. I don't see that they've incentivized NPC to be part of the solution, though, unless they are hoping NPC backs down from their no alcohol in houses concept. Otherwise, how can the liability be shared equally unless they don't allow women to party at their houses?

Of course I think most sororities would like fraternities on their campus to continue to exist, but we don't have enough say in how they are run to then have to defend their behavior.