View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

James - great comment. you sound just like one of my good guy friends. "if i can touch them, they're real!"

I've had friends go thru both types of surgeries. The one who got the reduction was SO happy. she was having major back problems before. after the surgery she felt and looked a lot better, it was easier to find clothes to fit, etc.

My roommate just did the augmentation this year. I took care of her because she didn't tell her parents (long story). She totally underestimated how painful it would be. She felt like CRAP for days. Percocet is only so good. Couldn't really move around much for a couple weeks. her whole chest area was pretty swollen for awhile too - you know the doctor is cutting and pulling apart the muscle wall and shoving a foreign object in there. your body does NOT like that. but the swelling really freaked her out because they looked a lot bigger than she wanted them to be at first.

Now, a couple months later, she's happy she did it. They look really good. but that first month absolutely sucked. it's definitely not something to be taken lightly.