Thread: ADPi Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 06:24 PM
ADPiZXalum

1. Baylor University, Waco, Texas

2. Zeta Chi

3. Alumnae

4. Homecoming chair, Director of Standards and Ethics, Recruitment Vice President, spirit chair, Tshirt chair, recruitment, standards, social committee.

5. I never made it back to Waco for formal recruitment in January 2000 although I had gone through the first round in November. I was convinced I was going to be a Chi Omega and I hardly even paid attention at the ADPi party. When I got back to school my roomate had in fact gone Chi O and I stayed out of the dorm as much as possible because there was red and yellow EVERYWHERE in our room and it made me sad. One day she came to me and said that ADPi was holding open recruitment activities and I should go check it out with her. At the time, and to this day, our chapter is quite small and frequently open recruits. They had sought Panhellenic help and girls from other sorority pledge classes were bringing their non afiliated friends. So I went and fell in love with it. I have never looked back.

6. In late February of 2003, the Stacy Riddel Forum was finally opened. We do not have greek houses at Baylor but a Panhellenic building was built for each of the 9 sororities, with equal sized suites with kitchen, bathroom, 2 storage closets, and a caterer's entrance. Since our chapter is the smallest, it was a financial burden, but it was to everyone else too, so it was ok. Well, we did the minimal upgrades that everyone else did and then put the rest of our money into furniture and cool stuff to fix the room up with. January had been a rough month since we had just come away from another disappointing formal recruitment so we were all pretty tired and discouraged. (I bet you're wondering how this becomes my favorite memory) Well, Panhellenic held a dedication of the building and an open house for alum, parents, and collegiates to attend. Our room was (and still is of course) by far the absolute best. We have been plagued for years by rumors that our chapter was going under (byother sororities, one in particular that I wont' name. PM me if you want to know the real identity) So to see them walk out of our room shaking their heads with their jaw dropped, and to hear them talk until the day I graduated about how our suite was the best, made me the proudest I've ever been to be an ADPi. Many people couldn't believe that we had "come up with" something that good. they said, they must have some awesome alum and I was like heck yea we do. So anyway, that was pretty poopin awesome to be on top of something you know? I LOVE ADPI!!!!