View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

good eye AzTheta! I had a whole thing written and then realized the OP never said the roommate wasn't happy with her AChiO experience, just that she wants to change schools. She may not have been aware of the possibility of affiliation, and thought she'd have to start over. To save everyone who isn't familiar with A&M (as I'm not) there is also an AChiO chapter at A&M.

But all the above applies. She could initiate and transfer and hope for the best, but I'd definitely do some research first.

Just looking at the numbers from the NPC recruitment thread, it looks like they have a proportionally large upper classmen quota so she'd probably have a reasonably good shot at going through again. Unfortunately it doesn't list total or even the recruitment results for AChiO so we don't know the (strictly numbers based, since that's all we have to go on) likelihood of affiliation.

Straying a little off subject, but concerning affiliation, other than the super competitive schools, how common is it to not allow a sister to affiliate? We had a sister affiliate and we were thrilled to have her, but I'm wondering about other chapter situations and how selective they actually are, regardless of the rules.