View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Ordinarily FSU doesn't do the parent thing like schools such as Auburn or Bama. Some alumnae may be at the houses to assist, but they are most often chapter advisors and local alumnae. Of course, no one can stop you from being across the street with a camera-lol! When my daughter rushed (at a college out of state) I was able to check with some of the local alumnae to see if mothers attended bid day, and was told that typically they did not, so I stayed home. I did attend her initiation though!

Most sororities do hold a tailgate, brunch or bar-b-que a few weeks later during parents weekend and you definitely should attend that-and the football game! Parents weekend will be designated on the FSU football schedule-it may already be for all I know.

FSU Greek Life will have a digital "Meet the Greeks" sort of magazine later in the semester or sometime during the early summer. The link is usually provided on the Greek Life webpage. It is very well done and you and your daughter will learn a lot about the parties and FSU greek life in general. She really can't go wrong at FSU. Good luck to her, and please let us know how everything goes.