Thread: Wedding Cakes
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

We had seriously considered doing cupcakes at our wedding, but the baker that does the best cupcakes was already booked. I'm not hugely crazy about wedding cake.

We're having about 150 people. There's a bakery in our area known for their wedding packages. Essentially we're having a cake that will feed about 75 people then an array of desserts as well (cheesecake, pies, tortes, cakes, etc. - we get 7 choices, and they're huge and we can always add more if we want). So everyone can get something they like. It's actually extremely reasonable. Which is surprising considering that the baker does the desserts for some of the more high end restaurants in the city. Plus, of course, we WILL have an enormous cookie table!

Tentatively we've picked white cake with fudge filling with strawberries. Apparently some people think this is odd. Chocolate and strawberries don't go together??? Hello, chocolate-covered strawberries? It tasted fabulous.

No idea what I want the cake to look like. Our colors are blue and platinum. Thankfully don't have to deal with the look of the cake for a few more months.

Cake tasting was my fiance's favorite part of wedding planning so far. Though he did enough registering