View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sageofages View Post
Oh I think I could use another laugh (or eight)! Spill it Honeychile!
Well, a few more, since my mother isn't here to help me with this:

-The original soloist eloped, so the church organist suggested a friend of hers. The soloist was to sing while we lit the Unity Candle. Her voice was SO BAD, my ex dropped his candle - thank heavens it wasn't lit yet!
-He then forgot the vow that he was to say at the lighting of the candle.
-He also tried to force my wedding ring on the wrong finger, despite me telling him so.
-The programs which caused so much trouble? The ushers "forgot" to pass them out.
-My father was feeling "the daddy blues" about his little girl getting married, and when asked who was giving me away, he said, "My mother & I", then was so embarrassed that he visibly teared up. (Actually, it was kinda cute!)
-The veil which was made for fresh flowers but ended up with glued silk flowers? The glue dried in my hair, and hunks of my hair came out with it later!
-The disc jockey was SO loud at first, the reverberations set off my titular godfather's pacemaker, and they had to leave early. The Club did wrap up their dinners.
-WAY too many people don't know or don't care what "Adult Reception" means.
-The bar was set up in one corner of the room, the dance floor at the complete other side. The bartender leapt over the bar and camethisclose to catching the bouquet. I'd give her lunge at least a 9.8.
-The angelic-looking flowergirl became rather non-angelic by the reception, and insisted on sitting next to me. I know I've mentioned that my bridesmaids were evenly divided between ADPis and Phi Mus - her mother was an ADPi, so she knew this little fact. One of the bridesmaids tried to talk her into behaving, and sitting in her correct seat. This adorable child announced at the top of her voice that whichever sorority "THAT WOMAN" was in, she would never, ever join it. Her little sister (all of 3 1/2 years old) said, "Then I will!"
-and the last one I'll share: we do a Friendship Circle at weddings, and serenade the bride & groom. One of my sisters had too much to drink, and when it was her turn to hug the groom, she put her hand on his chest and said, "You're not good enough for Honey!" Truer words have never been spoken!

Last edited by honeychile; 03-04-2008 at 02:49 PM.