View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi! Finding a chapter in Beta Sigma Phi can be tricky. Many chapters are small and meet in members' homes or in small local venues such as restaurants. From a logistical standpoint, this fact keeps chapters from growing. Beta Sigma Phi International strongly encourages our chapters to actively gain new sisters through dynamic rushing programs. Yet, the wait can be frustrating in some communities where chapters aren't currently expanding.

An online chapter is another option. I've been enjoying my online chapter for about 13 years. It's fun and follows the traditional Beta Sigma Phi format very closely. However, online membership will not provide the face-to-face connections and activities that you might be looking for. The flexibility is great though, and it is fun to "meet" sisters from around the world.

As you mentioned, you can start a chapter. I chose that option in 2002 as a 23 year old grad student. It was a fabulous experience! I learned so much about the sorority and about myself! I gained wonderful sisters. I am still in touch with most of those women, and I am grateful that each one came into my life. The process is straight forward and low cost. I felt so proud and happy on the day that our founding sisters received our pledge ritual.

I am happy to answer any questions that you might have.
Order of the Rose recipient