View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
Quote:
Originally posted by angelove
The Dove ads bother me because they're saying that different body types are beautiful, but buy our anti-cellulite cream so that your "different" body type will not have lumpy thighs. If they were just using this ad campaign to sell lotion so that your skin wouldn't be dry, that would be one thing, but they're using it to sell you a cream to make your thighs nice and smooth like the models in the retouched photos. If we can be proud of our less than perfect figures, why can't we be proud of our cellulite? .
Well what is a mosturizing lotion for? to make your skin richer and softer and smoother it's just as cosmetic as cellulite cream, you don't see any model's with dry patches on their skin either. No matter what size of a women you are you want to make your body look and feel good. I have a sister who is a size three in the waist, but due to the size or her butt she has to buy pants a bigger size and have the waist taken in. She loves her butt and is proud of it but she still keeps it in shape. Just like you can have bigger thighs and be proud of them. Dove isn't condoning an unhealthly life style or saying "you shouldn't work out or eat healthy cause who cares you're beautiful." They're just trying to show that beauty does come in all shapes and sizes and you should love your body and take care of it, not despise it because it doesn't look like lindsay lohan's or whatever actress is currently on the anorexic track