View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Not the first time this has been said

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastergal View Post
Well, on the bright side, I talked to a girl from E.T. Adventure tonight that I'm helping plan an event with on campus. She said she loved getting to know me during recruitment and that many girls pulled hard for me to join. Less girls went through recruitment this year, so they had less spots to offer. She said it absolutely wasn't me and that the girls loved me during recruitment. I'm not exactly sure how the numbers worked out but she encouraged me to go through again next year. When it comes down to it, I would rather wait a year to put my all into a sorority that I can be passionate about rather than half-a** it for four years and be miserable. I know that I can't in my heart support Minion Mayhem, and now I'm very confident in my decision to turn down the bid.
The hard thing to recognize is that E.T. chose other women over you. I have seen women who are committed to a certain group successfully navigate recruitment a second time but that is very dependent on whether there is an upperclass quota, etc. Most chapters will rank freshmen higher than upperclass women if there is not a separate quota because they want to pledge women who have 4 years to contribute and pay dues over someone who only has 2-3 years of collegiate membership. It is nothing against you, just the reality of membership numbers and budgets.