View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
To me this also equals no quota at all. If every woman on campus signs up, then the size of the sororities gets insane.

Note, the Sorority Life page at tufts.edu lists 5 sororities including the non-NPC Lambda Pi Chi, but I don't know if Lambda Pi Chi is treated as an equal in this. The page for the Panhellenic council OTOH says there are 5 NPC sororities.
For a little more context, this was taken from Tufts' Greek Life policies webpage: "Generally Assured bids: By mandate of the Board of Trustees of the university, all eligible Tufts students seeking to join a fraternity or sorority and participates in the entire recruitment process (attending all scheduled events to which they are invited) are generally assured a bid from at least one of the social fraternities or sororities on campus. This system does not guarantee an invitation to join a particular chapter of a student’s choice."

Kappa Alpha Theta came on a couple years ago and was allowed to be selective (i.e. not extend bids to potential new members) for only their charter class, then they had to fall in line with Tufts' mandate.