View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 PM

Ok last one I promise:

During last recruitment, one of my sister's younger sister was in a really bad car accident on her way back to college.

She got the call in between rounds (we have a 30 minute break between pref parties) that her sister had been in a terrible accident (her car was totaled and she had to be cut out of it with the 'jaws of life'). Her parents wanted her to come home right away. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know if her sister would live, we were in the middle of recruitment, and she had no way to get home (2.5 hours away and no car on campus).

One of our alumnae, a new volunteer (this was her FIRST time helping with our chapter), peeked her head into the chapter room and asked if we were okay. The sister (in tears) explained what was going on and that she didn't know what to do because she had no way home and didn't want to make another active leave just to drive her (we were in the middle of recruitment).

The alumna asked where she lived, she said it was 2.5 hours away. She said, "Get your stuff. I can take you there." She had no clue where this small town in southern OH was, but she was determined to get this girl down to see her sister.

They ended up making it down to the hospital. Her sister ended up surviving with a few broken bones and the sister's parents drove her back up later that night just in time for the Bid Night party.

Lakers Nation.