Thread: Podcasts
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I listen to podcasts religiously these days, so I have tons in my queue. Aside from the popular ones (Serial, etc), I enjoy:
  • My Favorite Murder - True Crime - The 2 hosts focus on one murder (or attempted murder) case and give details surrounding it. They are comedians, but are respectful of the subject matter
  • Jordan, Jesse Go! - Interview - 2 longtime friends/comedians interview a guest host.
  • The Nerdist - Interview - Chris Hardwick does long-form interviews with different guests. It's clear that these guests typically do the "soundbyte" type interviews, so they let their hair down for this
  • Where's My 40 Acres - Pop Culture - Hip Hop / Pop Culture show with 4 hosts. Lots of the music I listen to today has come from them.
  • Undisclosed - True Crime - I started listening because of Serial, but the current series revolves around Freddie Gray. It's not a "story" as much as it is a semi-legal look at the case
  • The Vanished - True Crime - New to this one, but it's basically Unsolved Mysteries for missing people
  • 99% Invisible - Culture - Design/Architecture-related
  • Good Job, Brain! - Culture - Trivia podcast with questions revolving around a certain theme each episode
  • Sword and Scale - True Crime - One of the most interesting true crime series I've listened to, but this has included 2 episodes that made me ill when listening (I am not faint of heart, but these were *very* tough to stomach). They're pretty good about trigger warnings beforehand, though.
  • We're Alive - Fiction Storytelling - AMAZINGLY produced story-form podcast discussing a zombie apocalypse.

Some others:
  • The Read
  • Throwing Shade
  • The Black Guy Who Tips
  • Breakfast for Dinner
  • What's The Tea?
  • We Hate Movies
  • Pop Rocket (mostly because I used to listen to it when I lived in Boston so now I listen and pretend I'm still there )
  • How Did This Get Made?
  • Criminal
  • Freakonomics

There are a ton more, but these are the main ones that I never miss.

I can talk Podcasts all day so I'll be back to this thread for sure lol