View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

You can start your own student organization (local or nationally affiliated) at nearly any university. Check with your school's requirements for minimum number of members. Once you submit this paperwork, you are recognized as a student organization and can receive funding.

So I suggest that the first thing you do is to advertise around campus to drum up interest to see if there is any interest in this group you want to form. If there is no interest, you are on your own and you will see that this is not going to work out. In that case, time to pick a new activity or join another established group.

However, if there is interest and once you have a core group, you can meet and decide together what your name/officers/colors/symbols/philanthropy/recruitment process will be. Once you have that core group, you can apply to be recognized as a student org and get funding. There may be deadlines per the school. Talk to someone in student affairs who oversees student clubs and organizations to find out the min number of members required and the applicable paperwork and deadlines you need to fulfill.

If the national groups dedicated to moms aren't responding to you, I'd suggest forming a local group.

You might find fellowship and much more time saved by investigating the available student groups on your campus and in your community, but best of luck if you decide to start an org from scratch. It is a lot of work.

Last edited by adpiucf; 11-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.