View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

33girl lol I didn't plan on just walking up to somebody I know pretty much in professional settings only and be like HEY SHOULD I RUSH?!? I just did that for message. J

I think I should elaborate on what my friends in sororities have said- I have known some of these girls for years and am close friends with them and I feel if they thought I shouldn't waste my time they would have bluntly stated it or if they thought I wasn't sorority material they would have been "shocked" at me bringing it up (since I have seen them do that to some of my other friends expressing interest... "WHAT! I could have never pictured you being in a sorority"etc.). I think they genuinely didn't know what the stance was on junior recruitment, like their response was more of an "idk...I haven't asked around on this subject." I think I am going to pester my friends to inquire a bit more about juniors rushing in fall.

I guess I can rush in the spring (leaning more towards it after everyone’s posts), I just thought it would be odd to re-rush in the fall if I didn’t feel at home with any of the sororities rushing in spring. Also, you never know what houses are doing spring till you are essentially at spring recruitment, and it’s usually a mixture of all the “stereotypes” some “bottom tier to upper middle tier” to give everyone an idea of what spring is like. I am just odd in the fact that when I make a decision I like to see all the choices available, and even though I might not have a shot in h*ll during the fall with the majority of the houses, I think it will give me piece of mind knowing that all the houses saw me and I saw them. EEK who knows