Thread: Honest Question
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986PALMC View Post
Because I have SO many friends in sororities it hurts even more, because it feels like people are telling me while I'm good enough for with to be a bf, I'm not good enough to be a sister.
Try not to get caught in this mode of thinking. A friend in a sorority is only one member out of the entire chapter. The fact that you were dropped before pref isn't your friends telling you you're not good enough to be a sister. A sorority friend is one voice out of many involved in the bidding process, so try not to take it personally. They wouldn't have been so supportive in the beginning if they didn't think you were right for the process.

Kddani is right -- they won't be able to tell you what happened since membership selection is private, but don't take it as your friends trying to "tell" you anything. Talk to your Greek Life office if you want to know if your status/campus climate/grades/whatever may have been a partial reason why you were dropped, if you think that will bring you some comfort. I know it's painful that you were dropped and I'm sorry it happened. I hope that you feel better soon.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity