View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I not only didn't hold onto my books, by the time I was graduating I would figure out how many pages of the book the professor actually wanted us to read and made photocopies if it was more cost-effective. I got so annoyed at professors having me buy entire books to read one chapter. I could spend $5 or $10 in photocopies and be miles ahead of buying even the cheapest of used books. It took some quality time in front of the copy machine in the library, but it was worth it!

I'd be scanning the various e-book sources as well for any alternatives to those ridiculously overpriced books. But that wasn't an option for me in the 80's.

And ADPiUCF is exactly right. Unless it's a Shakespeare text or the Human Anatomy book that every pre-med major has to have, I wouldn't keep any reference books. They all change too much to worry about.

Also, borrowing from the library.

If you have a school FB group, or anything try posting on there. One of my colleges is small (around 3K) and people post the books they are trying to sell. Its a better deal than the bookstore. I'd suggest never selling back to the campus bookstore. They tend to be a rip off just about everywhere.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot