View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to a school that was on the quarter system and was in transition to semesters when I left. I LOVED the quarter system.

Normal credit classes were worth 5 hours and a full load was 12 which would be like 2 normal classes and a PE. You did go to the same class 1 hour/day 5 days a week, but coming from High School I thought it was easier (I only had to take 3 compared to the 6 that I had been taking). Classes were over quicker if I didn't like the teacher/class (you can do anything for 10 weeks to get it over with), and there was opportunity to graduate early if you went all 4 quarters or took an overload on classes (20-25 hours). Summers on the quarter system were hard because they still did A, B, & C terms, A & B were 5 weeks and C was 10, so you had to be ready for a VERY fast paced class if you took it in summer A or B.

When I transferred to a semester school all of my quarter hour classes transferred in at 4.5 or something, so I have way more hours than I actually needed to graduate - but it also kept me from having to take some classes.