View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately, my girlfriend was cut from recruitment after her second day. She was a little hard on herself but I called her after I finished my parties from the day and reminded her that it was nothing on her. The system doesn't work for everyone and I reminded her that there's still COB and informal to think about.

Her first night was my sisterhood night, the second round of recruitment. I had to wait through a day of classes and a shift at my campus job before I could get my schedule. The wait was agonizing, but finally the time came to meet my rho gammas and find out who I would return to! Out of a maximum of four houses, I was invited back to three: Minion Mayhem, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and E.T. Adventure. I was a little disappointed not to see Escape from Gringotts or Revenge of the Mummy, but I was glad that I got a second chance with Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and, of course, E.T. Adventure! A girl in my group got dropped by all the houses, so I knew I was lucky to have an (almost) full schedule.

At Minion Mayhem, I still wasn't feeling super comfortable. The girls I talked to on sisterhood night were nice, but the house overall was not my favorite. I tried to give them a fair chance because many girls didn't, but I just couldn't make it work.

I was glad to be returning to Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and I definitely got a good feeling of their sisterhood. Their video was cute and showcased their quirky, unique group of personalities. All the girls I spoke with were nice, but no conversation completely clicked. I had such a good experience at house tours though that I didn't want to discount this house.

Finally, I returned to E.T. Adventures. I've heard that you know when you find your home and tonight I definitely found it. I spoke with so many girls, but I connected with two in particular. I do a lot of LGBT advocacy on my campus, and while I know it can be considered political, it's a huge part of my involvement so I discussed it. The sister I was paired with confessed to me that she is part of the community, and when she told her sisters, they viewed her no differently. Both of us had tears in our eyes; I knew this was it. I left this house ecstatic.

That night, I ranked the sororities:
E.T. Adventure
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
1. Minion Mayhem

I went to sleep confident about my decision and ready for preference night the next day.