View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
And moving forward!!!

I have now received the FBI Background check, and have paid the NHS fee and the VISA Application fee. As part of the process, I have to appear in person at an official Application Center. Luckily, there is one near me, just over the river in Memphis! The earliest appointment available at the Application Center is next Monday, 30 July. There, they will take my biometrics and check over my documentation.

If everything is in order, then I will overnight the application and documentation to the UK Embassy in New York. The application site says it takes about 3 weeks to process, and then they will overnight it back to me. I will receive a notification email when it is completed and on the way to me. As the appointment for the Application Center is so late in the month, I may not get my passport and Visa back until mid-August or later.

Now, that isn't so much of a problem, because school doesn't start until Sept 3. However, I would like to have a few weeks to get settled in, collaborate with other teachers on lesson plans, get my classroom set up, go shopping for school clothes...... And maybe spend some time at the beach!

Really, I'm just anxious to be there and have this whole process over with.