Texas...A Sophomore got in..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDG
(snipped)
The University of Texas (Quota 69):

Alpha Chi Omega - 82
Alpha Delta Pi - 91
Alpha Epsilon Phi- 69 (from counting bid day pic)
Alpha Phi - 82
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta - 71 (from counting bid day pic)
Delta Gamma - 80
Kappa Alpha Theta - 72
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma - 68? (from counting bid day pic)
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

Seems that the "Gates of Hell" video did well for the ADPis!
Holy high hell, last night, I found out my that a very good friend's niece was rushing for the first time as a sophomore at Texas. I lectured my friend. Replace "This is why you wear a helmet skiing" with "This is why you need recs at Texas" lecture. Recruitment at Texas is HELL. Let alone as a sophomore. She should have told me. She needed recs. My friend wouldn't have it. Insisting that her sister and niece had it covered. As a GCer, I have read how crazy it is at Texas. It fricking scares me. Okay, not quite as bad Old Miss, Arkansas or Alabama but close.
Knowing the young woman, I Facebook stalked her. I have met her before. She found her home!!! She is in one of the orgs that there is a not a number for. I can tell you that she is out of state but spent her freshman year at UT. From what I heard, she knew women in some of the chapters. They encouraged her to go through recruitment. As I find out more, I will post. To protect her identity, I will not post the chapter that she found her home at.

For all of you newbies out there...do not assume anything. Just because one sophomore got in, does not mean that your precious snowflake sophomore will get in a sorority at Texas.

I am going to add that aunt went to a big SEC school and was NOT in GLO. Mom was not in GLO.

Last edited by BAckbOwlsgIrl; 08-27-2016 at 01:57 PM.