View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 04:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey als463 I think you're trying to dig way to deep in my post. It simply says if your interested in starting a local org. on your campus let me know. As to your comments that I'm bashing national is not true as you do not even know me and seeing how I was in one for 3 years before starting my own.

You stated that you did not like the fact that put "The goal of Omega Psi Chi is to give our members the resources, encouragement, and security to achieve their fullest potential with a lesser financial burden than national sororities." on my org. site but, maybe if you would have taken a moment and realize that my school wayne state university is in Detroit, MI the inner city and that girls that really want to be in a sorority and long for a sisterhood simply can not afford the dues of national orgs. even with payment plans.

You ask if I'am trying to start it up nationally? and no at the moment , but we our looking to expand our sisterhood while still make dues affordable as we our in the works to start at a new campus!!! yay and yes you can still but a local org. with more then one chapter to who ask that question.

You also made a comment about this statement on our site "As a local entity, Omega Psi Chi Sorority allows women the unique opportunity to be a part of a valuable, and social experience in which members help achieve beneficial decisions for the organization. Funds accrued within the organization go directly back into our sorority for members interests and benefits." This is on our site to let pnm's know every dime of their dues goes right to the chapters activities and that we do not have to give half of our money to a national headquarters.

You also called in to question "What is so unique about your organization that girls can't find something just as good if not better at your school?" and to answer that is by the way in which i started this sorority and the heartfelt meaning behind the letters and the values in which I in vision in my sisterhood. Also you said I "You really seem to bash national sororities to get your point across as seen here under FAQs:Many local sororities have more closely-knit groups of girls, allowing for a more intimate bond between sisters, as well as lower dues." but that untrue to say as I get many girls/ have read/ and how I felt when going though the national ones I was in and that when you have 30 to 50+ girls in a sorority or 13-18 in a pledge some girls feel left out and feel that there cliques formed and we all know seeing as how we're all in sororities that local orgs. are less in cost not because we have less to offer our but, because we don't have the national overhang. I'am not bashing national sororities am simply stating the difference parallels in local sororities and national ones.

If anyone has anymore questions, comments or concerns please just email through my site as I'am rarely on here.