View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to say - the Panhellenic where my daughter is going through deals with references very well. And by all accounts it is not a competitive Greek system. I do not understand why SEC schools would not say something similar:

"A potential new member recommendation form, also known as a rec, reference or RIF, is a form that a sorority alumna completes for a potential new member introducing her to a chapter.

Recs do not guarantee that you will receive a bid from a chapter. Panhellenic does not have rec forms available and cannot obtain them for potential new members. An alumna may find a rec form in her respective sorority’s magazine, or on the national organization’s website. She can also call the headquarters of her sorority to obtain the form.

Recs are not mandatory for every sorority. However, potential new members are encouraged to secure a rec for each of the chapters participating in recruitment. Recs for each sorority should be sent directly to the chapter, unless otherwise specified on the recommendation form.

All rec letters/forms can be sent to the address below. Please specify to which sorority it should to be delivered."