View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I bought my groomsmaid dress from J. Crew. I think the dresses are of higher quality than David's, and you can wear them again. Unless the bride has picked a zany color, you can even get sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Most people are doing destination bachelorette parties? Really? I've been to quite a few and have yet to attend one in some far away place. I haven't even heard of friends of friends having destination bachelorette parties.. And all of my friends are in their late 20s/early 30s.

But then again, a lot of my friends live in PA and have their "stag 'n drags," which usually cover the bachelor/bachelorette party all at once.. together.
I've been to a bunch (maybe 20) weddings in the past three years, and the only bachies that weren't destination ones were ones proceeding destination weddings, and the bride didn't want to ask her friends to travel. Even then, it was going on a wine tour a few hours away. It's likely a city thing in addition to being an age thing--we go out in the city all the time, and our friends want to do something different.

I can only speak for what my friends are doing--but I think they're fairly typical of late 20s/early 30s coastal urban professionals. Those were the women described in the article, anyhow.

The next wedding is in 6 months--gives my wallet time to relax.

Last edited by Munchkin03; 12-05-2013 at 10:10 PM.