View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 06:23 PM

As to the "I didn't show up" girls, I get it. You did not get who you wanted and it stings.

But really, you are already unable to participate in any recruitment for the year (submitting a MRABA after Preference locks you in whether you show up or not, so it does not matter.) There is actually no "I dropped out of ABC on Bid Day and COB-ed XYZ" because that is not a thing.

That, and if you were gunning for a chapter that is the Phi Beta Popular on campus, you probably are not getting a bid there if you depledge and wait the year out because they are not taking re-rush sophomores that they declined to bid the year before. Unless they just love love loved you and there was some awful mistake. But usually there wasn't.

You may as well give it a shot for a week.

And as for the dynamic recruitment side convo:

Oh, the "recruiting year round" and dynamic recruitment speech.

I worked with collegians for six years in this area.

It was particularly a difficult concept for those chapters who usually always met Q or Q+ but recently had total raised after recruitment or for whatever reason, had openings in Spring semester when they usually had none.

Double hard if you typically shine in formal recruitment. So often, those chapters would want to make COR into a mini formal recruitment with all of these extra events and I would just be like "You guys, be natural. Be you and work smart, not hard."

If you are already ALL going to that Fraternity philanthropy event, you can invite Suzy and Shannon. They need not come to the house for a whole movie night planned just for them.

Lakers Nation.