View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Re: What Not to Say to a Released PNM

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
When you're talking about the difference between a state school in Texas and a state school in Alabama, and the girl in question is an Education major, Business major, Communications major, etc... transferring isn't really that big of a deal. I know it sounds silly- but people transfer all the time because they aren't HAPPY. And to some young women, especially at a huge Greek school where you ain't NOBODY unless you're in a sorority, happiness is defined by that elusive bid to their sorority of choice. Add to that any pressure they may be facing at home from their mother, grandmother, aunts, and cousins who are all XYZs and want desperately for little Suzy to be their official sister... it happens.
Seriously. We once had a freshman transfer in time to go ADPi, get initiated, then transfer to school in the South - where she was accepted as transfer sister. We later found out that she had gone to XYZ School, suicided ADPi, and didn't get a bid. Once she found out that she would have been the very next person on their bid list, she transferred to Pitt, etc. Frankly, I admired her ingenuity! She couldn't be an "official" sister at the Southern school until the next term (when someone was studying abroad), but it worked out well for her.