Thread: children??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2000, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Left Out, I am becoming extremely unpleased at the last few posts but please do not let this stop you. Life is harder and more demanding after your undergraduate days. Believe me. When you start holding down a 9-5 and trying to stay on top of your bills and advance in your field you will almost forget that you had interest in any sorority. I know I did. That is why it has taken me from from 1985 to recently to re-think this and to act on it. I am proud of the fact that I juggle all of this. Don't listen to people who tell you what is too much for you. Only you can be the judge of that!!!! Everyone's limits are different!!!!

The day of my induction ceremony my 8 year old son looked at me before I walked out the door and smiled and said, "Mommy, I am proud of you." My 5 year old daughter does my sorority's hand-sign and call (although I repeatedly tell her not to . My 7 year old son is my silent supporter. It feels good to share this with them.

I didn't mean to rattle on like this but one of the reasons I made this decision at my age is because MY CHILDREN made me think about the world we live in and about giving back to the community.

Ms. Left Out, seeing what you are about I think any organization would be proud and honored to have you as a member. I really mean this!!
Also, Blue Theatrics -- thank you for your compliment!!

------------------
BE POSITIVE!!!