View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
Should I cry that you don't want to be my sister. Trust me, the feeling is mutual. I'm tired of people asking me that if I wanted to be NPC then why did I colonize with KBG. I. AM. NOT. A. FOUNDING. SISTER. And you have some nerve saying that we're not looking hard enough. You don't know what goes on on my campus that prohibits from getting the results that we would like. My sister wear our letters everyday even though we're blatantly outnumbered. I don't think you know what it's like to have people say to your face that they're pledging Delta or Alpha before they're even eligible to apply to greek life. Excuse me if I've been sounding like a total monster on GC, but it's painful to hear people say that they won't join us strictly because we're not NPC. We're in the middle of a catch 22. They say we're too small but then people won't join us. As of right now I have 13 and as of next year there will be 5 of us left. The other sororities are just begging that we get kicked off campus because so that they can satisfy their quota. The shallow reasons that people DO give for joining an NPC is hysterical. If I join I get a free Tiffany's necklace. If I join I get to wear their letters. If I join I get a free credit card (I kid you not) But nope...nobody wants any sisterhood...just a new pair of diamond earrings. So come on. Let me have it. Shame on me for reaching out for a little help from the Greek community.
It's entirely possible that you are pleasant in person, but on GC, you're coming off as a nasty, bitter bitch. All I'm saying is that, if you're presenting yourself as hostile toward NPC groups and defeatist about the future of your own org, it's no wonder that women aren't interested in getting to know your group.

As others have said, the issue is NOT what other sororities are or aren't doing. You're going to have to accept that there are women who simply do not want to join your sorority. These are not the women you should spend your time courting.

The larger issue, as has been stated, is the lack of unity and motivation within your chapter. That issue has to be resolved first, before y'all can form a united front in the matter of recruiting quality women who want to join your sorority.

As I said, I know exactly what you're going through. You need to take a step back (no one is telling you to "off" yourself) and understand how horrible your initial post on this topic really was.

You're on here talking to men and women who have devoted their lives to their organizations, through thick and thin, and you're asking us to help you jump ship because the going has gotten rough.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.