View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Day Five: House Tours

Day Four: House Tours
Today started house tours. I was really hoping I would get all three houses back. My heart was pounding as my Gamma Chi handed me my schedule. Praying for the best, I looked at it. My spirits sank when I read it. I had MONKEY and ALLIGATOR. GIRAFFE had released me. I was upset. I knew I should feel lucky because other girls had been completely released, but it hurt. I thought I had really had a great time there and connected with the girls. I couldn’t see why I had been released. I did not have parties that day until 1:00 pm, so I was allowed to go back to my apartment. I talked with my Gamma Chi before I went back and she told me that I still had great houses and that it was okay to be upset, but I needed to look at the houses I had left. She gave me a hug and told me to text her if I needed anything. When I got back to my apartment, I called my mom. She made me feel better with a little tough love. I also went to IHOP with my roommate. While we were there, we saw a girl eating with her Gamma Chi. She had been completely cut and looked devastated. It made me truly appreciate the houses I had left. I know she would have loved to still have two houses. I perked up and started psyching myself up for house tours. These girls liked me so much that they wanted me to see where they lived! It was exciting! I got ready and texted my Gamma Chi. I told was on my way to wait for my party and that I was feeling a lot better about what happened. She said she was glad and wished me good luck.
[Side Note: My roommate officially dropped from recruitment today. She does not feel that she could end up pledging any of the 3 houses she has left. She feels that her heart lies with colonization and is particularly excited to see Alpha Chi Omega. A close family friend of hers is an Alpha Chi. If she allows me, I will try and post her colonization recruitment story in September.]
My first party was with MONKEY. Out of the two houses, I was the most excited for this one. I had seen the inside of their house last semester, but I was still excited to see a full tour of it. Their house was completely gorgeous! The first room I was taken to was the “function” room. They had banners from functions hanging on the walls and pictures from them on the tables. We got to walk around to the tables and talk to members about them. It was super laid back and I loved it! The next room was the study room. Two girls talked to us about study hours, GPA requirements and how they were committed to helping the new members study. Next, we were taken around the house in groups of threes and got to look in at one, two and three girl rooms. All the rooms were so cute and had lots of awesome canvases! After the tour, we were given drinks and taken into the dining room to chat. Both girls I had were very sweet! The last girl asked how I liked the house. I told her I loved it and was very comfortable with everyone. I definitely saw myself being happy at MONKEY.

Today also felt long. My party wasn’t until 1:00 pm, but I still had to wait after my party at a church until 6:00 pm. I understand that they don’t want us to have our phones until the parties are officially complete, but I really would have liked to go back to my apartment to sleep until my Gamma Chi meeting.