View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

You will find the below excerpt at wwwdotgreekrankdotcom. These "comments" started weeks ago and I have listed them by comment number. They are in the UT section of that site

Quote:
Comment # 1945

Hi Ladies,
I am writing a magazine article about sorority recruitment at UT 2012. I would love to interview PNMs and actives from as many sororities as possible.*
Anonymity will be respected.*
I am an alumna of an NPC group, a member of Order of Omega and was Panhellenic president while an undergraduate.*
My article will present an honest, and positive view of recruitment at UT today. I will be following the story primarily from Convocation through Bid Day, with some follow-up.
I hope you will contact me at writer2810@gmail.com.*
I will provide my phone number after we connect.*
Thank you for your consideration, and I wish you all the best experience possible!*
Jennifer

Comment # 1947

Actually part of my article will be focused on my experience of each sorority today, in 2012.
I will be presenting an open and honest journalistic view of the recruitment process, the Greek system, and the individual houses at UT.*
The story will be positive toward all the chapters. I believe EVERY sorority has inherent qualities, and excellence within it's membership.*
I hope to have as many varied contributors as possible, including the Panhellenic Officers, Rho Chis, actives, and PNMs.*
I would really appreciate your support and input. Again, it will be confidential.*
Best wishes again for a very successful and FUN recruitment.
Jena

Comment # 1949

I don't blame you for being pessimistic but I am a GLO member and I am not going for a 'bash the Greeks' story.*
Prudence MacIntosh wrote an article for Texas Monthly in 1976 on sorority 'rush' at UT.
My article is different, but hopefully entertaining, enlightening and informative.
Thank you for the contributions that have come in and I am open for more.

Comment *# 1960

Wow, so today it begins!*
First, everyone, I am not a 'rookie' and this article is not 'iffy'. It will be written based on my experience of sorority recruitment 2012 at UT.*
I am a seasoned writer who happens to be a member of Order of Omega and a 'top 6' house.
I have also been a chapter advisor at two top universities.
Although I am from LA, I'm a Texas native. In my family there are Pi Phis, Chi Omegas, Kappas, and Thetas, some from UT.*
I'm on GR because it is an aspect of the story.*
I am aware that some people will always hate on the 'top' sorority, be it Pi Phi or XYZ. I am also aware that some people will always hate on the 'bottom' sorority. This can only be changed from within the person.*
I hope my article is educational, informative, and entertaining. I hope it opens people's hearts and minds towards the Greeks.*
Good Luck to all, and maybe I will meet some of you later.
Jena

Comment # 2002

Well, it has been an interesting story so far. Anyway, to answer your questions. I did communicate with Panhellenic several times, and didn't receive any replies. I also received a letter from Marilyn Russell stating she would not provide any statistical information whatsoever, but wished me well with my efforts this week.*

I will continue the article until completion. Remember, please, I AM NOT THE ENEMY! I was Junior Panhellenic President and Panhellenic President in college. I was a chapter advisor at UCLA and CU, and I am in Order of Omega and Rho Lambda. I know you may not like it, but I am doing my job, and hoping to promote the Greek system. One facet of my article is to let the girls who have been released, know, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They just didn't fit into a very small segment of our society. Again, my intention is to have an informative, educational, and entertaining story. Like when I had the police called on me today. LOL. Yes, they were the friendliest people that I have encountered yet.

Comment 2004

Thank you to the women whom I interviewed.*

I appreciate your support and encouragement.*

UT Greek, thank you for the encouragement.*

I am beginning to pull everything together and see which direction I want to go, online article, magazine article, etc. Based on my experience, from convocation evening to bid day interviewing parents, and seeing the joy of many and the heart-wrenching tears of the few, the story is positive for the Greek system.*

It will also be entertaining, (the Pi Phis called the police on me) and informative.*

If anyone has any additional communications, you know how to reach me from my post. I'd love to hear your perspective of recruitment 2012, now that it is finished.

Again, best wishes to everyone, PNMs, pledges, actives, and yes, I'm including the Pi Phis, for a continued enriching, and uplifting life experience as a UT Greek.
So there it is for what it's worth.