View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

First Round Continued

Day 2 of First Round started at Annie. The girl who took me around shared a lot of my same interests and we had a lot to talk about. She kept calling me by the wrong name though and I wasn’t sure if I should correct her. I had on a nametag, of course, and maybe she just had the last girl’s name stuck in her head. I didn’t say anything about it and I don’t know if I handled that correctly or not. I really liked the Annies though! I love their philanthropy!

Next was Ducklings. These girls were very pretty and excited and their house was so cute, but I didn’t get a great big warm feeling here at all. I was starting to figure out how different I could feel at different houses and this was not a favorite for me.

That changed with the next house – Madeline. I really, really liked the girl who rushed me. She was so easy to talk to and we laughed about their silly songs. She had a bandaid on her big toe and we had a crazy conversation about the collective blister quotient at Rush. I hope they liked me as much as I liked them.

Horton was next on my list and again, I was impressed with just how pretty a group of girls can be. However, the girl who took me around was not easy to talk to. For the first time, I really had to do all the work. She didn’t seem snobby, just really quiet and sort of awkward with the chit-chat. This is a really popular house so I’m not sure what to think.…

Stuart was next. These girls were all dressed in the same color which made a very cohesive impression. They were very energetic and seemed to really have a tight sisterhood as that is most of what my conversations were about with the girls I met here. I liked this house a lot!

My next house was Alice and I really liked it. The girls who I talked to seemed like they were all good friends and the conversations were easy. They seem to be very active with their philanthropy so I’d love to come back and hear more about it.

Claudia – I loved this party and these girls. Yesterday at this point, I was tired and ready to be done, but today I had a lot more energy and Claudia was a lot of fun. The girl who rushed me was from my home town so we talked about some music festivals and stuff. She was really cute and I’d love to come back here.

Matilda – Nothing special at all happened at Matilda. Again, I’m glad I took a few notes because by this point, I was sort of done for the day. Nice enough, but nothing special or negative.

I was really trying to take my mom’s advice so I didn’t talk to anyone before I made my lists of top group and bottom rank. I knew from the “tent talk” that I was probably putting some “top” sororities on my bottom list, but I really went with what seemed right to me. Btw – there is a LOT of tent talk. Everyone has an opinion!!!

I called my mom later after dinner and I think she was a little surprised about my rankings, but again, she just kept saying to listen to my own voice and told me to be confident in my choices.

The order of the top 12 doesn’t matter, but here are the ones I put in my bottom five:
Junie
Horton
Pippi
Winnie
Matilda