Thread: "Lil" Selection
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 10:16 AM

Question huh??

Quote:
Originally posted by KappaKittyCat
[B]This is all part of Kappa's newly redesigned NM Program. Its entire goal is to eliminate the alcoholic nature of the old big/little relationship
Something must be sailing over my head...what on earth do you mean the "alcoholic nature"? I don't think any of our big/little pairings had anything to do with picking the person you most wanted to go out drinking with. Mine definitely didn't.

When I was a pledge, bigs chose littles in the second week. It was by seniority of who hadn't yet had a little. This worked well at the time because we were small enough that everyone knew who got along well together...there were some buzzkills, but not a lot. My junior year we went to the mutual selection because we got very big (for us) pledge classes. It was like bid matching, the people who wanted to take littles put 3 names down and the pledges put 3 names down.

As far as support system, I was as close to my 2 big and 3 big as I was to my big, not to mention their roommates. I know I got very, very lucky.

I think if we had randomly assigned, it would have been a nightmare - we had so many VERY different personalities in our chapter, and while I liked all the sisters, there are some that if I had been told "this is your mentor and the person who is supposed to be most special to you" I would not have had the experience I had.

oh, and my A Phi O big was my boyfriend at the time. we were an incestuous little group.