View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 05:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
UPDATE! I know it's been a bit since my last update. On Monday, Delta Phi Epsilon, Sigma Sigma Sigma and Alpha Sigma Alpha all communicated with their chapters that they would continue to recognize their chapters as active and work with them to continue operations independent of the University. The three chapters will work with NPC to create an independent local Panhellenic Council. From what I've heard, this is not going to be like the University of Las Vegas - Reno, where NPC actually hired someone to work with the organizations to form and advise the local Panhellenic Council.

Word from fraternity alums is that TKE national will be continuing recognition of their local chapter, and Alpha Sigma Phi will do so as well, although Alpha Sigma Phi relinquished their recognition at the beginning of last spring term due to their disagreement with the new university policies.

There is a lot of chatter amongst alums of groups because the national organizations have been officially backed by their nationals. Locals are feeling that they don't have any recourse as they don't have national backing. Because there is no local Panhellenic Council at this time, I'm thinking that fall recruitment will be COB only, as it should be, and there is no total, so all groups will be on their own to do their thing. We'll have to see how things work out for a spring formal recruitment.

I can speak for my chapter, Delta Phi Epsilon, in that we are incredibly grateful to our national organization for their support and continued recognition. They truly left the decision up to the local collegiate women to decide if they wanted to continue, and when they said the did want to keep going, our national was happy to continue to support them. It is about to be a very interesting fall in Bloomsburg!