View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Thank you for sharing this, Jemi422. I am sad for your niece. Maybe she can help turn this chapter around toward more bonding activities. I bet there are some other girls who feel the same way. If nothing else, next year is an opportunity for her to get a little sister and start a new "chapter" of her sorority experience.
This! And although it may be of little consolation right now, she only has a few years as a collegian, but the rest of her life she'll be an alumna. Sorority membership is forever. All NPC sororities offer alumnae chapters to join, volunteer positions to fill, and conventions to attend.

And she can always still be friends with members of other sororities. I have sisters who openly admit that their bff is in a different NPC, or their bff isn't in a sorority at all. Throughout college, I was actually really close with a girl who dropped out of my pledge class. Joining a sorority doesn't mean you have to build up walls and shut others out.

I know she may be hurting right now and wondering if she made the right choice, but when she's ready, she should pick herself up, dust herself off, and make her chapter what she wants it to be. I'm sure she'll look back on this in five years and laugh and wonder what the heck she was thinking listening to boys about such things (as we've all had those moments!), but now is her chance to turn it into something positive.

It sounds like she has a lot going for her, based on the fact that she had a full schedule in each round of recruitment. I'm sure she's​ smart, has a great personality, and will totally rock this whole sorority thing.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 06-18-2017 at 01:56 AM.