View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not in the education field but I have left a job before having another one secured and it is scary. But I think your reason for going back into the classroom is a valid one and with a solid answer. In my job I have hired and also served on interview panels for both positions within my own office and assisting others interview candidates.

From the hiring managers point of view this change would spark some curiosity. That doesn't mean it would be a deal breaker for me. Here's how I would view it, based on what you wrote.

You're going from X position to what might be viewed as a "step-down" in the eyes of the hiring manager. My question to myself would be 1. are you just trying to get your foot in the door and then you're going to move onto something else once that opportunity comes about. or 2. was there some other larger issue that caused you to leave that position and 3. are you going to get bored or burnt out in a few years from going back to the hands on day-to-day if you will.

Don't get me wrong I don't think your other experience is necessarily a detriment but I think probably having an answer to some of those questions might be handy to give the hiring team a bit more reassurance.

Best of luck and hopefully that little nugget might help.